Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lucy Guardino FBI Thrillers




I LOVED the first book.  I had never downloaded a Kindle book on my phone to read until I was reading Snake Skin.  CJ Lyons interweaves various first person narratives through out the book.  You want to keep turning to learn more about whichever character she is throwing at you next.  I don't like the main character, Lucy.  The author tries very hard to make sure you understand her, but I don't like her.  While the subject matter was dark I found the most disturbing scenes to be the one where it appeared she was systematically trying to tear her family apart.  I believe I bought this for under $3 on my Kindle and it was well worth it.
4/5
 
 

Blood Stained was not the novel that Snake Skins was.  I found the subject matter far more depressing, and the new characters, especially the ones allowed first person narratives, far less interesting.  One of the things I liked the least, and a pet peeve of mine,  is as the reader, you know what is going on long before Lucy does.  For example, the entire book.  The other main first person perspective is transparent.  While the author never tells you what is going on behind his view, you know what's coming.  And you know it is sad.  Unless you are bored this winter skip this one.  I am looking forward to the third book which will be released soon, but the second book was forgettable.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment