Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


My favorite Thanksgiving food...and let's be honest all time food....mashed potatoes.

My husband and I switch off years to spend Thanksgiving with our families.  This is his year and the first time I will be at a "traditional family" Thanksgiving.  The only year I've gone it wasn't at the house it normally was.  That person had a cat and Brad and I had to leave early.  Since I am extremely allergic.

But that is not what this post is about.   This is the top 3 of what I am thankful for this year.  Besides mashed potatoes.


 1.  My Husband 

My husband is pretty awesome.  He is always trying to make my world a better place.  He is the calm glue to my scattered randomness.  What impresses other women about him is that he helps cook and clean, and will pack my lunch for me in the morning.  What should impress them is what that says about him.  My husband loves me, respects me, and wants me to be happy.  He wakes up everyday and asks himself how he can be a better partner, and then he does it.  I can't ask for more than that.

 2.  Good Health

I know everyone says this, but last year was crappy crappy. 3 surgeries, limited mobility, a horrifying glimpse into what bad health, and it's ramifications on everyone, really is.


3.  My Job

I have a job that pays a livable wage, a boss that stays out of my hair, and work that I enjoy.  I haven't always been so lucky and I know that things won't always be this way.  I am going to be grateful for it while I have it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope your mashed potatoes are delicious and the memories that you make with your family are precious.




No comments:

Post a Comment