Monday, June 18, 2012

Changing The Goals

It's not really a goal change.  it's more like revitalizing old goals with some new ones.

Losing 38 pounds by August has always been the goal.  I started in January and have since lost 14 pounds.  Since then I have been stuck in a cycle of gaining 5 pounds back and then losing it again.  I am on round 3 right now.  So it's time for a better plan.

1.  I am going to find and use an App/Website that I like to track my calories.  I am convinced the perfect one does not exist so I have to find one I am willing to use.  Loose It is my newest attempt.  So far, so good.  It is easy to understand and easy to use.  I also get more calories based on daily physical activity.  At a 500 calorie deficit right now!  Woot!

2.  Work out 5 days a week.  3 days of cycling and 2 days of Xtend Barre.  Which I am hoping to review for you all next week.  I am going to start my weeks on Monday for this and for #3.

3.  Start training for a century.  Using a training program I found on line, I am going to attempt to train for a 100 mile bike race.  It is a 10 week program but my real goal is to be able to handle one by September.  So if I am not stressed about the 10 week program,.  You can see my training plan and progress here if you are interested.

4.  The weight loss goal is more ambitious then I have attempted before.  Taking into consideration all of the tracking and working out I am planning, I think it is doable.  I want to loose 2 lbs a week hitting a total of 38 pounds lost by October 1, 2012.

I am planning A LOT of work but I am truly excited for it.  I am looking forward to my new healthier future. 

What are your goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment