Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dracula In Love




 I know, I know.  The whole "Chic Lit" thing is getting old.  My reading is usually more varied and interesting, I promise.  I've just been in the romance novel mood lately. 

Dracula in Love is a retelling of the Dracula story, wholly from Mina's perspective.

I truly enjoyed this book.  The twist on the story was more logical than the original and it really drew me in.  When I put the book down I continued to think about the story and figure out how it would interpret the next event that I knew was coming.  It was a page turner, and it made me think.  Both are excellent quality's in a book.

My only complaint is the ending.  **SPOILER ALERT**  but then,  I've always had a thing for the bad guy.

4 out 5 stars.  

Only because I am still upset about the ending, and am preferring to remember it the way I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment