Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jane Eyre


I did not understand this book at the beginning. I had a problem suspending disbelief about Jane as a 10 year old expressing herself as an adult.  I also had a hard time reading of her mistreatments in childhood.  In attempt to get myself through it I researched the book a bit and discovered that it has 5 distinct sections.  That helped me when Jane's back story was getting tiresome.  
The third section was amazing, and why this book is a classic.  I had never used the kindle highlight option before reading this book, and I used it, a lot.  I also cried.  I can't remember the last time a book made me cry.  I was reading exactly how I believe love should feel and how it should be expressed.  That made reading this book an intense and self reflective experience.
Like my favorite movies,   I can see reading the "Kelly version" of this book multiple times.  In this case, that means the third section and probably the fifth section, only.

This is a classic novel that is truly worth reading.  Now I can get the 2011 movie with Michael Fassbender off of Netflix with no readers guilt.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment